Tuesday, June 11, 2019

MAIL CALL: And then there were nine...

It took a few tries, but I managed to track down Heinz Wirtz.

I had heard of my original address on him getting a RTS, then I found one that got a success and a RTS before I tried it and got RTS'ed.

But after some searching, I found a new one, tried it, and yesterday received two cards signed.

With that, I now have every single error and variation signed from the 1987-88 Pacific set. It puts me down to nine remaining for that set, and down to needing only one on the errors and variations across the entire series (I need Chris Hundelt on his 1989-90 error with Kevin listed).  And it's soon to be eight on the 1987-88 set: Brian in Kansas City has a Desmond Armstrong set aside for me.  I can also add a 1990-91 soon too as Ray in Baltimore is sending an Angelo Panzetta sig to me.

I went through and did a few updates to the address list. I've been helping out Doug Verb a bit whenever I can for the 40th Anniversary so I figured it was time to do some more digging and correcting.

Speaking of which, I don't have any new additions to the list of people who will be there just yet, but I did get all my cards sorted last night. I'm able to fit everything into three boxes and a binder. I'd like to limit my baggage to a single carry-on if I can. It'll be tough, but I might be able to pull it off. I might even look into seeing if I can grab some old team sets on the cheap somewhere. I know the Kansas City Comets had a Pizza Hut sponsored set, Wichita had their Burger King sets, and the L.A. Lazers had some as well. Cleveland used to do some postcard sized ones with various sponsors-- Oh Henry and Smuckers off the top of my head.

I also bought a couple shirts for it today that should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I'll wait to show them off though...

No comments:

Post a Comment