Monday, September 23, 2019

Win some, lose some (almost literally)

The last three weeks have seen a mailbox mostly filled with baseball autographs, fortunately for my 1972 Topps project: 12 additions to it! Also pulled in one for a hockey set and my first music-related autograph success, getting the legendary Booker T. Jones back.

Fortunately, there have been a few soccer ones as well. Steve Zungul signed the last card I needed from him. Just a note, I mailed to an address in California and it came back postmarked from Washington (Wenatchee, in the middle of the state). It looks like he has a residence not far from there; not sure if it is seasonal or permanent.

I also got back Mark Karpun on the last card I needed him to sign as well, so that finishes off two players that I'd had previous successes with.

Unfortunately I also had an odd failure with Kia. I mailed to his home address; a friend of mine had success there before so I figured I'd try it too after he signed for me via the Cleveland Soccer Academy back in 2015. I had a couple of multi-player cards I needed him on. My SASE came back beaten up and improperly sealed to where I didn't even have to tear it open to easily remove the cards. The cards ended up alright, just some corner wear on one, but they could have easily ended up getting lost on some post office sorting room floor and sent me back to square one. I figure I'll try it again, this time via Force Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment