Wednesday, January 27, 2021

A huge bit of assistance!

Oh, the benefits of networking!

I've mentioned Ray in Baltimore a number of times on this blog. Nine days after I started this blog, he contacted me through Big Soccer about autographs. I've bought a few needs from him, he's given me a few items as well, we've assisted each other on addresses, and I try to help him get stuff signed anytime I can whenever I'd go to Dallas and Mesquite MASL games. He's one of the premier collectors (if not THE premier collector) of indoor soccer autographs over the years.

So when he emailed me to let me know he was selling off a significant chunk of his signed cards, I jumped at the chance to add some major needs to this project and upgrade the quality of a few sigs as well. The timing couldn't have been better: I hadn't used my January postage budget and I had a gift card left from Christmas, and those covered most of it.

Today they arrived: eight in the 1987-88 set, five in the 1988-89 set, three from 1989-90, thirteen on ten cards from 1990-91, seventeen on six cards in 1991-92, and fourteen in 1992-93. I also grabbed twenty Cleveland Crunch cards from the 1999-00 Roox set.

Also check out the stats on the right side: I am now only ONE card away from having the 1987-88 set kicked: Hugo Perez. I may start putting a list together of ones I'd like to upgrade as well-- anything smeared, signed on the back, personalized to Not Drew, or signed with a bad pen. I don't mind them as placeholders but I'm sure I can do better on some.

No comments:

Post a Comment