Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Mail Call: Kim Roentved

My first attempt to Kim Roentved a few months back got RTS'ed, but I can't complain much.

After all, even though it took a while to get back to me, I got Jan Goossens back in that time from the Netherlands. And he signed the two All-Star cards you'll (hopefully) see below. I then was able to send these along to Kim and add his signature to them as well.

It's a little blurry at the edges. My phone's camera lens
cover shattered this week and instead of forking over $112
to have it repaired, I found out I can do it myself for
about $6 in a few weeks.
If I feel like taking a chance on Dale Mitchell soon, I'll send the 1990-91 card to him next.  The 1991-92 card could go to Carl Valentine, Jim Gorsek, or Iain Fraser next.

I also got a card sent to me this week from Mike Powers. I spoke to him at the Sidekicks Alumni Game and he got my address and set me a team card from the 1986-87 Sidekicks Championship squad and signed it. He tossed in a couple extras as well and asked me to pass them onto Mark and Dave. I don't have a photo of it due to the aforementioned camera issues, but I'll hopefully post one up soon.

3 comments:

  1. I just got Roentved back as well. It was funny to me that out of 5 cards he personalized 1, just Best Wishes on another and varied his sig between full name and KRoentved. BTW, 2 guys who have already responded to me inside a couple of weeks that I didn't see listed in your blog (pardon if I missed them) - Bruce Savage and Gino D'Ippolito. LMK if you'd like addys for them. Best, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! I'm planning on sending to those two soon. I have a few big hockey mailings to do first but Savage is certainly on the list to try soon. Not sure if you saw it or not but I have a full list for sale that has all but about 10 or so from the Pacific sets. I just updated it for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just bought it - that's AWESOME! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete