Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Another error found, plus a rare promo

Well, at least now the project is at a nice, round 800 sigs needed.

The bad news is the new one is Slobo Ilijevski, who is deceased.

Look at Scoop Stanisic's 1989-90 Pacific card. That's not him. Big thanks to Rob Parker for pointing that out. He thought it was Scott Manning, but upon further review it's Slobo. He's wearing the same shirt on his 1988-89 All-Decade card.



I did also see this card of Scoop-- a corrected version. However, I don't know if this was a fan mock-up or an actual card. Can someone confirm?


If real: well, that puts us at a not-so-round 801.

ADDENDUM

Or was at 800.

I forgot about being shown this blank-back Tatu card, evidently a pre-press promotional/proof card that has been making the rounds on eBay. I would love to know more about it. Bottom right, photo lifted from an eBay auction that currently has it.



So we're at 801, maybe 802.

EDIT: Check the comments. I'm leaning more toward Manning again.

6 comments:

  1. Scoop is from the orange boxed set , the Tatu looks like the card cutout of the wax box, and the Scoop mistake I still think it is Manning because he looks more like him. Thanks for great MISL card site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Someone had told me he was pretty sure it was Manning too, but the shirt and gloves match Slobo. With the kind of scrunched expression and the fact that both were teammates with Scoop that year makes it tough to be 100% certain. I wish there was more video available out there just so I could see if Manning wore that type of shirt at any point. Obviously I'd be more hopeful that it's Manning; I might even mail to him again and enclose the card and ask if it's him just to settle it straight from the source.

    Or, I might have to put in an email to Dave Brett or Tim Nichols about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glove of Manning also matches the glove on his card that year. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, excellent. With that, I'm leaning more toward it being Manning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nnyspaz - Is this the orange boxed set that has the Scoop correction?

    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/L5QAAOSw241YmATY/s-l500.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi it's under 1987-88 pacific misl soccer. Replica wrestling is part of the sellers name.thanks

    ReplyDelete