Monday, October 1, 2018

A success, a failure, and some waits

Starting again with the good, former Dallas Sidekick Beto signed for me in a two-week wait, and also wrote a short note back asking where I got the cards of him from. Unfortunately I've gotten then from so many places over the years I don't really have a single source. So if anyone out there has a bunch of unsigned cards of him, please let me know, as it seems he might like some copies of them.

On the bad side, Heinz Wirtz got RTS'ed. I have a couple other addresses on him to try so if anyone has any intel on which to use, please let me know.

I have a few others still out: Scott Manning, Nenad Zigante, and Preki. Manning at least I'm reasonably sure will come back. Preki I'm at least hopeful on. Zigante, I have no idea.

Looking back through history, requests I never got back...

JANUARY 2013
Tatu - I later got everything signed by him so all is good!

SEPTEMBER 2015
Beto - Again, I later got everything from him (see above, haha) so all is good
David Hoggan - No luck via TyneCastle FC
Steve Zungul - Later got all but one (1987-88) signed by him
Erik Rasmussen - One of my few international failures
Mark Frederickson - No answer via a business address, but got him later at home
Steve Kinsey - Still haven't had luck with him

OCTOBER 2015
Dennis Mepham - No luck via a home address
Scoop Stanisic - No luck via Columbus Crew, but got everything later via trades
Nenad Zigante - No answer through Wake FC

MARCH 2016
Kai Haaskivi - Despite being a fellow Finn, I got nothing back
Preki - Just missed him as I had seen a success less than a week before I mailed
Paul Wright - I had an old address for Speed To Burn and never even got a RTS sticker
Jim Gabarra - Missed him with Sky Blue Soccer; but I got him later, we're cool
Kevin Hundelt - Got him in trades later; now I just need to track down Chris...
Pasquale Deluca - Another rare international failure

MAY 2016
Greg Ion - I cannot track this guy down! Two RTS, then this one unreturned...
Iain Fraser - No answer at San Juan Soccer Club

SEPTEMBER 2016
Desmond Armstrong - Nothing through Sporting Nashville
George Fernandez - Nothing via his home address after success a year before
Waad Hirmez - Southwest Soccer Club? No luck...
Victor Nogueira - West Coast FC? No luck...
Joe Papaleo - Syracuse Development Academy? Nothing...
Gregg Willin - Nothing from a home address...
Wes Wade - No answer from the Tucson Soccer Academy...
Ted Krafft - No luck from a home address, but later got him via trades
Mike Brady - No answer via Duke

NOVEMBER 2016
Poli Garcia - Tried a home address without luck

MAY 2017
Marcelo Carrera - No answer from IMG
Bobby Joe Esposito - No answer from BCSA
Dennis Mepham - No answer from a second home address
Hugo Perez - No answer from the LA United Futbol Academy
Gyula Visneyi - Nothing from a home address
Steve Zungul - No answer in my attempt for the 1987-88 card
Ed Anibal - No answer through home
John Klein - No luck, but later got in trades
Arturo Velazco - Nothing via home
Keder - Maybe I just need to avoid mailing to West Coast FC; No Keder, no Victor Nogueira.
Frank Klopas - Nothing via home, but got him in trades later
Greg Muhr - Nothing via home
Angelo Panzetta - Nothing via Allegheny
Chris Simon - Nothing via home

AUGUST 2017
Danny Pena - Nothing from the Beach Futbol Club

At a little over three years into the project my percentage is great overall: successful with 176, RTS/unsigned on 34, and 46 unreturned. Of all the sports I collect, only baseball has a higher success percentage for me-- but soccer involves a lot more rolling the dice and trying addresses that no one else ever has tested before, while with baseball I can research and know who signs and who doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment