Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Inspired for a restart

Returning from MISL40 has re-energized me a bit to get going one more time on mailing and researching addresses to try to finish off as much of this project as I can. Overall, I'm down to needing only 168 signatures to complete the project.  Of those, 142 are still alive as far as I know.

There are a lot of these guys that I haven't tried at all, or tried at a failed address but I've been able to update them. And some I had success with once already and just need to get on a few cards I was lacking at the time. So, let's see what I can do.

Headed for the mailbox this weekend:
David Hoggan
Steve Kinsey
Dale Ervine
Kia
George Fernandez
Bill Crook
Greg Ion
Dennis Mepham
Steve Zungul
Mark Kerlin
Waad Hirmez
Chico Borja
Bernie James
Chris Hundelt

If I manage to go a perfect 14/14 on these, I'll finish off three multi-signed cards, and it will leave me only three away from the 1987-88 set (I'd need Pasquale Deluca, Poli Garcia, and Hugo Perez, each of whom I have failed with by mail) and four away from the 1989-90 set (I'd need Joe Papaleo, Bobo Lucic, and the late Domenic Mobilio and Pedro DeBrito) being completed.

I'm not betting on it though.  I'm 100% on Ervine, Kia, Borja, and James at least. Had mixed results with Zungul and Fernandez. I have a giant 0-fer on Hoggan, Kinsey, Mepham, Hirmez, and Ion. And I have yet to try sending to Kerlin, Hundelt, and Crook.

I also have a Paul Wright envelope ready to go, but I'm hoping to get Hirmez back first. Both Waad and Paul are on the 1991-92 San Diego All-Stars card and the 1990-91 champions celebration card.  If I can go 2-for-2 on them with those, then the ASG card will go to Brian Quinn next, then Kevin Crow, and the celly shot will go to Ladouceur, Black, Castro, and Cogsville in some order.

I also need Nogueira (ASG) and Wade (Champs) on them, but I've heard of little to no luck with them TTM, so I'll be holding off on those until maybe someone can get them for me in-person. I may even try directly emailing some of the guys that are toughies to see if I can find a good address.

I also am in need of a few unsigned cards (or signed, I won't reject those!) as well. From the 1992-93 NPSL set, I'm missing card #87 of Joe Kirk, as well as several gold "Pacific Picks the Pros" inserts-- #3 Fahmi El-Shami, #4 Zoran Karic, #6 Joe Mallia, #9 Kia, and #10 Tim Wittman.  If I can find someone with a Kia for trade, I'll hold off on sending to him until I get it. I'd buy copies of them, but not at the $3 each I've seen on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment