Wednesday, August 7, 2019

All Quiet on the Grapher Front

I opened my mailbox yesterday and a tumbleweed came out of it.

Hey, this is Texas, it could happen. Though it took me close to seven years of living here to see my first one (on a random night in early December 2012 on a bus back to Wichita Falls from Amarillo).

Okay, it's not too bad: I did get David Hoggan back on August 1, and he signed all five cards I sent. Nice score, and major thanks are due to Dave MacKenzie for helping me find him. And I just mailed out Tim Wittman and Kia today.

As of right now, I have eleven cards sent out that have at least one signature from another player already on them (nine of those are part of this project, while two are just extras I had and wanted to complete). This is where I try not to get concerned, but it still slips in. It's only been 27 days since my first mailings post-MISL40, and my average on this project so far is 45 days. So I'm probably jumping the gun massively.

My fingers remain crossed. There's nothing worse in this hobby than losing a multi-signed card, but when you have no other option to get it signed sometimes you just have to take that chance. I do have something coming in the mail today that doesn't have a photo on Informed Delivery. I'm hoping maybe someone decided to put in something extra and sent it in a large envelope. I just don't want a postal body bag with some destroyed cards (which has happened only once this whole time, thankfully). More than likely though, it's a catalog or magazine that's unrelated to this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment