Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Mail Call: October 5-11

Still no foreign stamps yet. This is killing me.

On the positive side, I have gotten back 6 more in the last week or so.

OCTOBER 5
Nebo Bandovic, c/o work, 1/1, 1 week
Bandovic only had one card in the Pacific sets, but he signed it pretty quickly for me.

OCTOBER 7
Mike Fox, c/o home, 5/4, 3 weeks
Fox wrote a short note back saying it had been a while since he had been asked for an autograph. He signed the four I had (I picked one up in a trade earlier).

Terry Nicholl, c/o home, 3/3, 2 weeks
The importance of double-checking! The original address I had for Nicholl was through a high school he was coaching. Key word: was. He's no longer there so I had to dig a bit to find a different address but fortunately I found it. He signed two on the back and one on the front.

John O'Hara, c/o home, 2/1, 1 week
O'Hara was RTS'ed to me from a Minnesota address recently. Fortunately some digging netted me his current location-- just outside Cincinnati, OH. He also wrote a short note back.

OCTOBER 11
Tim Schulz, c/o work, 3/2, 2 weeks
Great response from Schulz, who even took the time to write a full letter back to me telling me about what he's up to in coaching and development in Colorado.

Paul Krumpe, c/o work, 2/2, 2 weeks
Got both versions of his 1987-88 cards signed. Krumpe currently is a college coach in California.

Here's to hoping I have some stamps today. And if not, at least a mailbox full of successes. I currently have 10 mailed in September that are still out. Fortunately 24 have come back successfully (with three that were RTSed before being successful). Total on the year so far, I'm 53/79, and 116/172 all-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment