Saturday, March 11, 2017

Another 1987-88 variation, and an eBay goldmine

Let's get the boring note out of the way first: Card 22, Godfrey Ingram is in two variations: Godfrey and Godfry. So we're at 127 for that and 801 total. Dammit, I liked the nice even 800...

And now, eBay.

About a week ago, Ray notified me to an eBay auction full of Sidekicks stuff, unsigned cards, signed cards and photos, signed shirts, game programs... and all for $20, plus $10 shipping. So I dug into my stamp budget for April and decided to pull the string on it.

And oh am I ever glad I did.

I contacted the seller about the cards, asking if there were more signed ones and he initially said just the ones in the photos-- but also mentioned Slobo Ilijevski was in among them. Additionally, I needed the Chico Moreira that I saw.  He then messaged to add that there were a bunch more, too many to list in full.

Today the box arrived. I'll let the photos tell the story (ignore the black spots, they're on the lens of my camera, which has been broken for over a year; the spots won't come off)...














If you're counting, that's 80 signed cards and 42 sigs on photos and certificates. There are also two shirts with autographs all over them as well. The shirts are unfortunately stained and worn, but still, I'll take them.

New additions to the Pacific project: Bill Crook, both variations of Ingram, Erik Rasmussen, Slobo Ilijevski, Chico Moreira, and Andy Chapman.

There also are probably over 1000 unsigned cards in here as well. Total price paid including shipping...

$30

I basically paid 25 cents per signature and got the shirts and unsigned cards and shipping free.

Now that's a deal I'll take ANY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment