Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A quick update and recalculation

Well, it's time to make a call...

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm getting three of my multi-signed attempts back.

On March 7, 2016, I mailed off my 1990-91 Tacoma All-Stars card to Preki. Already signed by Brian Schmetzer and having seen some Preki responses via his home address, I tried, and hoped for the best, and have gotten nothing now 17 months later. So, we'll chalk that one up as a loss. Hopefully I can grab an unsigned copy, mail it to Preki FIRST, then get Schmetzer, and finish it off with Kia.

That same day, I mailed the 1991-92 San Diego All-Stars card to Paul Wright. Kevin Crow had signed it for me, and I assume Nogueira, Hirmez, and Quinn will be tough since I haven't seen (m)any TTM successes from them. So I figured I might as well try Wright and then see if someone can help me on the others... and then found out his business address had changed.  So, we'll try him again once I get another copy.

The one that hurts most though is the 1991-92 Kansas City All-Stars card. That one had been to the Netherlands and back for Jan Goossens, to Kansas and back for Kim Roentved, and to Oregon and back for Jim Gorsek. I figured I'd try Iain Fraser next, then finish it off with a shipment to Canada for Carl Valentine... and it never came back from Fraser after nearly 15 months (sent May 31, 2016).

So, I had to scratch five sigs from my count.

On the more positive end of things, I did at least get David Banks back after a previous RTS (two-week turnaround, signed in red), and Guy Furfaro via the school he coaches at after a 6-week wait (also including a signed note).

I also won an eBay auction this week for a Preki I need, and am waiting on a Brian Quinn one to end as well.

Lastly, I mailed out another small batch this week-- Brad Smith, Denny Vaninger, Danny Pena, Jimmy McGeough, Dick McCormick, and John Hamel.

I also have in my notes that I mailed to Mark Frederickson on May 16 (second attempt, this one being via his home address), but yet I'm finding an envelope with his address on it, making me wonder if I actually tried him or not. I may have to see if I still have the cards or not-- that will be my best evidence.

Speaking of cards, SportLots.com now sells soccer cards! A couple dealers have some I need at 18 cents each, so I probably will try to pick some up soon.  I might also stock up on any Sidekicks Alumni that I need. There are still a few I need though that no one has on there yet.  Trades/cheap sales are welcome if someone can help me out.  Here's what I need...

1988/89: 36 Alan Hinton, 69 Nenad Zigante

1989/90: 34 Scoop Stanisic (CORRECTED VERSION ONLY!), 67 Chris Hundelt (CORRECTED VERSION ONLY) - seems these two are tough to find!

Once I buy up the ones I need, I plan to send off to Wright, Quinn, Preki, Zigante, Dali, Joey Kirk, Beto, Andy Chapman, Pato Margetic, Bill Crook, and David Hoggan. Possibly a few others, but unfortunately I'm hitting a point where I think I may have done all that I can via mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment