Monday, May 14, 2018

MISL 40th Reunion Event?

I was scrolling through my Facebook feed the other day when a post from the Indoor Soccer Hall of Fame caught my eye.


If it's too small to read easily, a group is trying to get together a 40th anniversary reunion for the MISL this December/January in Las Vegas.  Not sure yet if I'll be able to go, but I'm hopeful depending on price. I know among the shares and reposts of it on various groups, at least a few former players expressed interest in it (including Mark Kerlin; I have a few cards I need him to sign).  It may be my best/only chance at getting some guys like Kerlin, Brian Quinn, Carl Valentine, Kai Haaskivi, and Juli Veee. Maybe even knock out some of those multi-player cards.

I sent to the email address on it to ask about mailing in autograph items in the event that I can't make it. Haven't heard anything back yet.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that would be a great event. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew.... I found a Tino Lettier 1987 Pavific card #84 with a red border. All my others have green borders is there some kind of chaser set etc. With that year that you have heard of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1987-88 set was loaded with errors and variations, and the Lettieri was one of them. Minnesota players were all supposed to have a red border, but Lettieri has both a red and a green variation. Now sure how it ended up coming to be, except for maybe a color-blind proofer.

      Others include all nine Chicago Sting players having the front text in black and in white, and spelling errors and corrected versions on a bunch (Krys Sobieski, Willie Molano, Ricky Davis, Victor Nogueira, Gary Etherington, Ken Fogarty, and Godfrey Ingram).

      The 1988-89 and 1989-90 sets both had a few wrong photo errors. 1988-89 had Duncan MacEwan mistakenly shown on David Doyle's card, and Kris Peat on A.J. Lackowecki's card. Neither was corrected, and all four players are willing to sign them as I have both cards dual-signed.

      1989-90 has I believe Scott Manning (possibly Slobo Ilijevski) shown on Scoop Stanisic's card. It may have been corrected. I've seen a scan of the corrected version but haven't seen the actual card; so until I have the actual card I tend to believe it may possibly be a fan-made custom. TradingCardDB has not confirmed its existence (they also do not have the Godfrey Ingram error/correction or the David Doyle uncorrected error, but have all the others I've named). There also is the Kevin/Chris Hundelt error-- the photo on the card is of Chris, but there is an error version listing it as Kevin. I do not have the corrected version here either.

      I've offered to buy a copy of the Stanisic if and when someone comes across it, but no one has taken me up on that yet.

      I track them all here as well: http://pacificsoccersigs.blogspot.com/search/label/errata

      Delete