Tuesday, June 19, 2018

First mailday in seven months

Wow, I've been pretty quiet, haven't I?

I keep on talking about buying the unsigned cards I'm missing but haven't yet. Still. My spare money is all going toward the National and the NHL Draft, so maybe I'll finally get around to it in August or September. That will mark three years since I started hitting it hard, so it's probably a good time to go for a final push.

That first batch was sent on September 5, 2015 to a total of 27 players. Some came back quickly-- Michael King and Wes McLeod in a week.  Some never came back-- Beto, David Hoggan, Steve Zungul (whom I later got), and Erik Rasmussen.

And one I just got back yesterday-- 1,017 days later. I mailed to Brian Quinn at San Diego Soccer Club and had given up; I was going to try him via University of San Diego, perhaps even a home address. Instead, yesterday I came home to six cards signed in black, with my letter folded up neatly around it for protection.

I'm not overly hopeful about finding any MISL stuff at the National, but I'll still be keeping an eye out and have my want list with me. I saw a bunch recently on eBay, but they're all ones I already have and have pretty high price tags; having gotten a 1987-88 Preki a while back for a buck or two, I couldn't justify paying the $12-15 price tags for him and others who are still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment