Tuesday, June 19, 2018

It DOES exist!

Was just hacking around through eBay a few minutes ago and found a nice lot of MISL autographs and non-autographs.

A while back I mentioned I was still doubting the existence of the Scoop Stanisic corrected version of the 1989-90 card, mostly since I had never seen one aside from a photo on a website. I figured maybe it was a fan-made custom, but a commenter on here told me it does exist and where I could find it.

So I tried. And got the error version.

Today, I found an eBay auction.  And the corrected Stanisic is part of it.

And signed.

Along with several others I need.

I put in an offer. There are over 200 signed cards, plus complete sets of all of the indoor sets. They wanted $140 shipped which I can't justify when I may only need half of what's in there, but for several that I know I need, I figure a lower offer might be worth a try. For all I know the seller may be desperate to move them for cheap.

My fingers are crossed, but at least I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Scoop card is truly real.

EDIT: It sold for $75 plus $35 shipping.  If you bought it and are interested in selling or trading any, please let me know. I talked to Ray in Baltimore and it wasn't him. Rob Parker? You perhaps?

Dammit...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Drew. I wish it was me but it wasn't. I never find honey holes like that especially indoor soccer autographed lots. must be using the wrong searches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found who bought it, actually! I'm going to post on it here soon. I was able to buy several I needed from him.

      Delete