Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Big event in DFW!

It looks like the Soccer Hall of Fame is finally almost ready to open its doors-- thanks to a pair of Brians (Reser and Gutmann) for giving me info on this...

In addition to the celebration for Hall of Fame Weekend, Frisco will also be putting on a celebration for the NASL's 50th anniversary.

Needless to say, I've already bought tickets because I have a few project needs on guys who will be there for the NASL game-- Tatu, Mike Sweeney, Fernando Clavijo, and of course my fellow Finn, Kai Haaskivi!

I also have hopes for a few other players to be added just for the general festivities as HOF members: Pele (also an NASL player, but unlikely to play at 77 years old), Preki, and Desmond Armstrong would be nice additions.

I have about seven cards I need Haaskivi to sign, plus a couple for Sweeney, one for Clavijo, and maybe three plus some photos for Tatu. I have a ton of non-set cards for him as well (20-30 or so), but I'll hold back a bit.

Hope to see some of you there; my wife and I will be sitting in Section 126 for the FC Dallas-Sporting KC game and the NASL Legends game. We will likely try to make the postgame party at the British Lion Pub, and I may even try to 'graph some of the other events as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment