Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mail Call: September 20-27

I re-mailed MacEwan, and also sent out Terry Nicholl, Mike Brady, Nebo Bandovic, John Bain, Jeff Cacciatore, Tim Schulz, and Paul Krumpe.  Also I'm going to finally buy some international postage this week and get crazy on some requests overseas. Once I do so, I likely will write a short tutorial on it as I found a few nice resources for it.

The mailbox was nicely full this week, including a few big names...

SEPTEMBER 20
Gary Etherington, 3/3. This one was a different one-- Gary signed all three cards I sent, but signed the two 1987-88 cards on the back-- possibly due to the Etherington/Ethernigton error? Took about two weeks.

SEPTEMBER 22
Steve Zungul, 7/7. WOW. I was a little shocked by this one since my attempt on him a year ago went unanswered. Fortunately this time I had a good address and he signed everything I sent. Finally, I have all of the top five all-time goal scorers in indoor soccer history (Marinaro, Zungul, Tatu, Karic, and Michael King). I didn't have the 1987-88 card at all, unfortunately. Took about a week and a half and is my 100th all-time indoor soccer autograph success via mail.

SEPTEMBER 26
Daryl Doran, 5/5. This is my second time ever writing to Doran, having gotten him a few years ago before the project began, and also getting him back in 2002 IP at the All-Star Game. Two weeks.

Steve Eise, 1/1; Thomas Strunk, 2/2; Chris Kenny, 3/2. A trio from Missouri that each took a week.

Currently I'm at a 60.8% success rate all-time via mail (104/171). However 23 of those were hit with the Dreaded Yellow Sticker of RTS Doom, and 22 were sent less than a month ago. So only 26 are (currently) outright failures.

To go along with that, I need to update my percentages soon. As of right now, I'm at something like this (slightly off due to disappearance of multi-signed ones)...

1987-88: roughly 62%
1988-89: roughly 67%
1989-90: roughly 79%
1990-91: roughly 56%
1991-92: roughly 57%
TOTAL: roughly 62%

No comments:

Post a Comment