Saturday, September 12, 2015

Mail Call #1: McLeod, King, and Moreland

A week after mailing, I've received my first successes today.

And also my first failure. My request to Victor Moreland got the dreaded yellow sticker on it-- Return To Sender, Not Deliverable As Addressed.

On the positive side, a quick search found me the carpet business he owns and manages, so I will re-try him there soon.

One of the Sidekicks' greats, McLeod signed six cards VERY quickly
My first two successes came in quickly-- only seven days to wait.  Wes McLeod signed six cards for me in a blue Sharpie, and Michael King signed five-- four Crunch cards in red, and the Sidekicks card in green.

Very cool of King to switch pens. Not many players think of that.
Michael also enclosed a short note on Milwaukee Kickers stationary, it reads...

Drew
Thanks for sending the player cards for me to sign. I hope this is what you wanted. Good memories of some great times. I hope the indoor league survives.
Best Wishes
Michael King

Back in 2012 I got a short note back from Otto Orf as well, and Hector Marinaro dropped in his business card from John Carroll University. I always like receiving notes back from players. Many times I wonder if players actually read letters when I send them, or if they just grab the cards, sign them, and send them off. Notes like that indicate they took the time to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment