Friday, September 25, 2015

Mail Call #9 and #10: Moreland, Usiyan, James

Things have gone well after the Megson failure (which I re-mailed yesterday). pulling in three successes in two days.

Wednesday brought Thompson Usiyan and Victor Moreland to my mailbox. Moreland took only a week after I re-mailed from an earlier failure. Usiyan took 18 days and even wrote a short note apologizing for it taking long. That's awesome-- 18 days really isn't that long either as in other sports I've had at least 60 that have taken ten times as long. He did keep one card that I sent.

Funny story, Usiyan used a small binder clip to keep the cards from sliding around in the envelope. I got it back with a sticker over the address saying Return to Sender, 22 cents postage due as it became non-machinable. But I had used my own address as the return address (something I started doing recently) so it came to me anyway. AND to top it off, they didn't cancel the postage.

Thursday saw Bernie James arrive in my inbox. He signed all five cards I sent his way in 18 days.

As I said in an earlier entry, Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays are usually good mail days for me, so hopefully I'll have a few to cover this weekend.  On top of that, I've started writing for my next batch of mailings, set to go out most likely next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment