Monday, September 28, 2015

Mail Call #11: Ervine and Cooper, plus a Facebook question

After a few slow days, Monday strikes again as the big day for my mail.  Dale Ervine and Kenny Cooper both sent theirs back fully signed.  Both also added postage to make sure it got to me.  I'm not worried: I've sent up to six cards with no problem.

The bottom-left card was in the first pack of soccer cards
I ever bought, about age six or seven
Cooper even used his own postage and envelope and wrote back a full letter:

Drew,
Many thanks for your kind message. Cleveland Force and Crunch was our number one rivalry (great games). The cards you sent brought back many wonderful memories for me. Thank you for your support of soccer. It's people like yourself who have made the game what it is today.
My best to you!
Kenny Cooper Sr. 

Cooper also personalized each with "My Best Drew." Awesome response from one of the greatest coaches in MISL history.

After spending his MISL tenure in Baltimore, Cooper now
lives in the Dallas area and has a son who plays pro soccer
Speaking of responses from great coaches, I got a message on Facebook from someone asking if I'd like the cards I sent to Ron Newman signed on the front or back. He was out of town but is back now and able to sign them for me. It's great to see such care being taken with the cards to go so far as seeking me out to ask how I want them signed. I'd be okay either way but asked for the front. So hopefully I'll see Ron Newman appear in my mailbox soon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment