Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mail Call #7: Chapman and Wittman failures

You win some, you lose some.

Monday brought two to my inbox both with notes that I had the wrong address.  Andy Chapman's soccer program has a new name and new address; so my cards came back unsigned with my letter a a Post-It note simply saying "Wrong address!"

Fortunately I found their new website, organization name, and address, so we'll try him again soon.

The one that surprised me was Tim Wittman, who apparently is no longer at Johns Hopkins. Like Chapman, my letter and cards came back with a note on the back of the letter saying Wittman no longer works there and they have no way to get a hold of him.

But once again, I found another organization he's involved in coaching, so we'll give him another try.

Here's to hoping Tuesday brings better news. It's a bit unlikely though: in eight years of collecting via mail I've had more successes on Monday than any other day (25.7% of my mailed successes have come on a Monday) and fewer on Tuesdays and Wednesdays combined than on any other single delivery day (lowest single day besides those is Friday at 17.8%; Tuesday and Wednesday combine to 17.4%).

2 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged with Whitman. I was able to get him at Hopkins but it took a long time to be returned. He is a good signed though so when you reach him it should be an easy return. I also must confess that you have motivated me to restart my graphing of these cards. I have been doing it sporadically over the years. Thanks and I look forward to reading about your future successes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on Wittman, Rob. I have another address I'm going to try him at the next time I buy stamps (Friday, I think) so I'm hoping that one works. Best of luck in getting back into the hobby as well.

    ReplyDelete