Thursday, September 17, 2015

Mail Call #4: Chinapoo

Yesterday was a slow day with no soccer sigs to add-- I did pull in a hockey one though at least so the success streak rolls on to six delivery days in a row with a return in some sport or another. I'm not surprised though-- I ran the numbers recently and in my nine years of collecting via mail, Wednesday has only brought in 6.9% of my successes. Monday, Saturday, and Thursday are usually bigger-- 63% of my successful returns have come on one of those three days.

These stats prove one thing: that I have far too much time on my hands.

On the plus side, Thursday was indeed bigger-- I got in a baseball success as well as another for the soccer sets as Richard Chinapoo's cards graced my mailbox with their presence.  The former Sidekick also used my letter to help protect the cards in the envelope and even signed the back of it, so there's a nifty bonus.

I met Chinapoo at the ASG in 2002 as well, so
I now have all of his cards signed. He joins
McLeod and Toth as the first players who
have signed every card of themselves in the
Pacific sets.
I'm getting my next batch prepared-- cards are pulled, envelopes are addressed, and I likely will start getting writer's cramp again next week, and finally purchase stamps at the start of October.  I also sent out a few internationals. Paul Buxton hooked me up with some Dutch stamps, so I was able to send off to Theo Kulsdom, Marcel Loosveld, and Dwight Lodeweges, and also re-sent to Victor Moreland through his work address.

No comments:

Post a Comment